Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielrogra
Creator
Creator

Diff Date depending on other table

Hi all. First of all thank you for your time.

There is an issue I can not solve, but I'm sure there is something I'm missing.

Let's say I have two different tables in qlik:

IDDateADateB
IDType

In my script I want to calculate the difference between DateA and Date B in months and then create some buckets, but depending on the type. I think there are several ways to achieve this:

• Create a mapping table to get the type in the first table. Problem? There is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates (Am I right?)
  • Calculate the type in the Script on the first table but in this case I lose the flexibility of having the second table in an Excel and whenever I want to change it I just have to change the excel and everything changes.

The last way that comes to my mind is to calculate the number of months between both dates in a variable inside the APP,  but there is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates

Is there a way to achieve this?

thanks you for your time.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

• There is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates (Am I right?)

May be not a direct function, but you can use this

How Do I Get the Number of Months Between Two Dates?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

• There is no function to calculate the number of months between two dates (Am I right?)

May be not a direct function, but you can use this

How Do I Get the Number of Months Between Two Dates?

danielrogra
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Sunny, that's great.

It's a pity that there is no such as built-in function for that, but that's a great workaround

Thanks you very much