cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Deletion of Users in Qlik Sense

When deleting user imported into Qlik Sense through the QMC also delete it from the source directory? I'm guessing it does not when the value in the column 'Remove externally' is set to 'No'. Tests so far prove this out but what happens when a sync is done after the deletion? Will it delete the IDs from the source or recreate them in Qlik Sense? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It appears the answer is 'no, it doesn't delete users from the source directory'. The directory connector was synced after removing users from Qlik Sense and the source directory was not changed (Active Directory in this case). I believe the 'Removed Externally' value of 'No' indicates it won't be removed. It could be different if that value is set to yes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It appears the answer is 'no, it doesn't delete users from the source directory'. The directory connector was synced after removing users from Qlik Sense and the source directory was not changed (Active Directory in this case). I believe the 'Removed Externally' value of 'No' indicates it won't be removed. It could be different if that value is set to yes.

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Slightly correction, the 'Removed Externally' indicates "they have been removed from the directory that Qlik Sense is connected to". These are considered inactivated users.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/inactivate-users.ht... (2nd sentence).