Here are a few links to information on Section Access.
We have users assigned to respective group.
instead of users level we need to implement section access on gorup level.
Could you please suggest how do we implement section access on group level.
it would be better if you could share 1 example with me.
We have format as per below.
USERID TYPE VALUE CABTEST\svc_cdpadmin GROUP admin AP\tibhedee GROUP Qlik Sense User USERID NAME AP\tibhedee Tibhe Deepak CABTEST\svc_cdpadmin Service Account
This might Help you ..
Example: Data reduction based on user groups
LOAD * inline [
ACCESS, USERID, GROUP, REDUCTION, OMIT
USER, *, ADMIN, *,
USER, *, A, 1,
USER, *, B, 2, NUM
USER, *, C, 3, ALPHA
USER, *, GROUP1, 3,
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER, *, *,
NUM AS REDUCTION;
Chr( RecNo()+ord('A')-1) AS ALPHA,
RecNo() AS NUM
The result will be:
- Users belonging to the ADMIN group are allowed to see all data and all fields.
- Users belonging to the A group are allowed to see data associated to REDUCTION=1 across all fields.
- Users belonging to the B group are allowed to see data associated to REDUCTION=2, but not in the NUM field
- Users belonging to the C group are allowed to see data associated to REDUCTION=3, but not in the ALPHA field
- Users belonging to the GROUP1 group are allowed to see data associated to REDUCTION=3 across all fields
- The user INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER does not to belong to any groups but is allowed to see all data in all fields.
The wildcard, character *, in this row refers only to all values within the section access table. If there are values in the section application that are not available in the REDUCTION field in section access, they will be reduced.
Thanks for the response.
We have scenario as per below,
We have 3 kind of Customers,
Secret Customers should have an access for Secret Customers group as well as General Customers
Mega Customers should have an access for Mega Customers group as well as General Customers.
And for only General Customers access Secret and Mega Customer group is not visible.
Could you please suggest how to apply section access(Document level,Object level,Field level,Column level) in qlik sense based on above scenario's