Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User input with scatter plots

scatter.GIFI have a need to create a scatter plot with the following criteria:

1) Date is on the x-axis

2) A test point result from an in-plant data base which is already successfully loaded on the y-axis

3) In the scatter plot, the dimensions are the VIN (vehicle id number) and the component serial number

Now the question:

I need to allow the user to input either a VIN or component serial number ....up to say 30.  Then this input data (which is already part of the scatter plot) has to be shown differently then the rest of the population.  The objective is to see how specific values as defined by the user compare to the larger population.

Can anyone help with this....I suspect set analysis will be required to some degree.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Marco,

Thank you very, very much....I will try this and let you know.  I REALLY appreciate that you took the time to reply....I'm in a time crunch to solve this by tomorrow morning.....hoping this works!!

Regards,

Walt

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Marco,

I am making progress with your suggestion, however one more question if I may.  The previous expression I had for the value is this....where I could show values rounded within bins.  I've been trying to use this in the expression you provided however Qlikview doesn't seem to like the combination of Sum with Round when the set analysis is used.....any suggestions?

=NUM(ROUND(Value),BinWidth,'##.05')

Thank you so much!

Walt

MarcoWedel

I guess your expression might have been

=NUM(ROUND(Value,BinWidth),'##.00')

instead, as the bin width should be a Round() parameter.

To add a set expression to this expression, you could use something like

=NUM(ROUND(Only({$<VIN>} Value),BinWidth),'##.00')

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  I just changed it and it accept that expression.  However, I actually have two issues remaining to solve:

1)  The data points are so close together that the gray ones actually hide the red ones....the density of the gray points basically forms a cloud for some the selections.  I was trying to find a way to use different symbols for the two expressions but have not figured out how yet.

2) Right now I have this expression

Only({$<vin_cd>}Prod_date)

I also need to let the user have the option of entering a serial number instead of the VIN.  Is there a way I can handle this in that expression

Thank you VERY,VERY much!!

Walt