Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

Missing data

Dear Qlikview community members,

I designed a small application retrieving data from an oracle database.

Even the overall application is running, I am getting some few data missing when checking carefully.

- Are general rules to follow and others to avoid in order not to get to missing data?

- What is the method to follow in order to debug the issue?

Kind regards,

Abdallah

6 Replies
adityaakshaya
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Abdallah,

Can you help me to understand what do you mean by missing data? Is missing data refers to missing rows in the table.

Regards,

Akshaya

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Akshaya,

Yes the data missing is some rows in the fact Table.

I am trying to test the application and I faced that.

Kind regards,

Abdallah

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

So a table box (not a chart) does not show certain rows, is that correct? Are you doing any transformation on the SQL SELECT part of the load or on the LOAD part? Do those rows have anything in common?

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes Miguel it's a table box which I am using as simple testing of my model (but when selecting the parameters of my dimensions, for the month Feb a reapted value (in the SQL table) is missing)

In the load part, the only thing I added when loading data from the database to a QVD files is to select data for the years above the current one minus 6 years.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If the value is repeated, and you want to display a listbox or table box in some cases, it will only appear once, and this is normal.

You will need to create a table box with all the columns as in the table in Oracle, you are already filtering data which is 6 year old.

You can also verify using a Count() on any field, which should return the same value in a SQL part than in the LOAD part, given the parameters are exactly the same for both.

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much Miguel.

It's working : no missing data now.

Best regards,

Abdallah