cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Division in QlikSense over same set of countries

Hi,

I'm trying to create a measure which is a division between two different metrics, that can be chosen from a set of possible KPIs by the user. Some of these measures are available in a less countries than others.

Let's say that the data looks something like this:

MeasureCountriesInternal/external
Measure_1Germany, UK, Denmark, Sweden, USis_Internal = 1
Measure_2

UK

is_Internal = 0
Measure_3UKis_Internal = 0
Measure_4

Germany, UK, Denmark, Sweden, US

is_Internal = 1

The data model has all countries for each measure and in case no value is available for that country, the value is set to 0.

Note: I have tried excluding the missing countries for some measures but this solution does not work.

If the division is between Measure_2 and Measure_3 or Measure_1 and Measure_4, there is no problem since the data is available in the same countries, but if I try to divide Measure_2 by Measure_4, the metric stops making sense.

At the moment I have fixed this issue with and IF statement in the measure calculation, but I don't like this solution since it seems very inefficient:

IF (MIN({<[Metric]={'$(=Denominator)'}>} is_Internal) = 0

or MIN({<[Metric]={'$(=Numerator)'}>} is_Internal) = 0 ,

sum({$<[Measure]={'$(=Numerator)'},Country = P(external_country)>} [Measure_Value])

/

sum( {$<[Measure]={'$(=Denominator)'},Country = P(external_country)>} [Measure_Value])

sum({$<[Measure]={'$(=Numerator)'}>} [Measure_Value])

/

sum( {$<[Measure]={'$(=Denominator)'}>}[Measure_Value]))

Any ideas on how I could structure the data model to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Solved the issue in the following way:

sum({$<[Measure]={'$(=Numerator)'}, Country =  {"=SUM({<[Measure]={'$(=Denominator)'}>} [Measure_Value])>0"}>}[Measure_Value])

/

sum({$<[Measure]={'$(=Denominator)'}, Country =  {"=SUM({<[Measure]={'$(=Numerator)'}>} [Measure_Value])>0"}>}[Measure_Value])

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Solved the issue in the following way:

sum({$<[Measure]={'$(=Numerator)'}, Country =  {"=SUM({<[Measure]={'$(=Denominator)'}>} [Measure_Value])>0"}>}[Measure_Value])

/

sum({$<[Measure]={'$(=Denominator)'}, Country =  {"=SUM({<[Measure]={'$(=Numerator)'}>} [Measure_Value])>0"}>}[Measure_Value])