Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noorulashikin
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Server 2012 Service Pack installation for QlikView 12

Hi,

I just want to ask about QlikView server....my company use QlikView version 12.20.20100.0 in Windows Server 2012 environment. Lately, my company auditor notice that there is no service pack install in our QlikView server and it become an audit issue for my department. I want to know is there any impact to QlikView services if I install windows server service pack ?...I was googling since yesterday and not found any article or knowledge base related to my issue. Please advice or share any experience...

Thanks.

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You should check with Qlik Support and the Release Notes in case there is a known issue with a Windows 2012 patch and QlikView.

I'm using QlikView 11.20 and QlikView 12.10 over Windows 2012 R2 and we conduct a full patch of all servers every other month. Apart from some serious performance issues in January and February due to Spectre and Meltdown, there has been nothing noticeable.

Those performance issues are now gone after subsequent patches.

If you want to reinstall the operating system (Windows 2012 to Windows 2012 R2) then make sure you backup C:\ProgramData\QlikTech or equivalent folder, but as with any operating system upgrade (not patching) you will have to keep a closer eye on your servers for the next days. There are no feature changes in the OS, but if you are using IIS there might be some extra settings.