11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2018 3:42 AM by Quy Nguyen RSS

Is it possible to use table name in expression?

Wojciech Romanek

Is there any way to use table name in expression if I would like to get data only from one table in case when both tables looks the same?

TAB_1:

loginabstract value
      user01x
      user02x
      user03x

TAB_2:

loginabstract value
      user01x
      user02x
      user04x
      user05x

In QlikSense I would like to display a table which would containt login names only from TAB_1. How could I achieve it? If I achieve it - is it possible to build table name in expression dynamically?

• Re: Is it possible to use table name in expression?
          Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

well, that's actually two challenges: You need to find out whether Tab_1 and Tab_2 are identical and then you want to use the tablename in an expression?

There's no easy way to achieve the first - you'd need a key consisting of all fields of the tables and then check whether it exists in the other.

A solution would be (for example) to map that key (made from the fields of the one table) into the other by

- mapping_loading that key and a nr. "1" (hard-coded) RESIDENT from the one table and

- drawing it into the other by using Applymap() in a RESIDENT LOAD from the other table (using the same concatenation of all fields as key for the mapping and 0 as an alternative value).

The table name is not stored anywhere by default afaIk, you have to put it into a variable manually which you can of course make dependent of the outcome of this test.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Quy Nguyen

Hi,

In this case, you may need add a TableName field in each table, like:

TAB_1

loginTableNameAbstract Value
            user01Tab_1xx
            user02Tab_1xx
            user03Tab_1xx

TAB_2

loginTableNameAbstract Value
            user01Tab_2xx
            user03Tab_2xx
            user05Tab_2xx

Then you can create a filter from TableName field, or use it in set analysis expression.

Wojciech Romanek

Adding additional column might work but there is actually one more issue which I don't know how to solve. I have a set of data exposed via REST API. Each time I request this API I get same data. I have scheduled a reload task which reloads the app each 10 minutes. What I was expecting was that after each reload QlikSense will append me additional set of data... But some how QlikSense is smart enough to find out that this data is same and it overrides the data. My idea to solve it was adding additional field in to my JSON record which was a random generated GUID. I just thought that if I will have randomly generated guid it will start to treat each record as a new one. But again... instead of appending the data it is simply updating guids with newly generated. So just to demonstrate what I want to achieve:

RELOAD_1 data source:

guiddocument namelogin
                guid1Docu1User1
                guid2Docu2User2
                guid3Docu3User3

RELOAD_2 data source:

guiddocument namelogin
                guid4Docu1User1
                guid5Docu2User2
                guid6Docu3User3

Result I need is:

guiddocument namelogin
                guid1Docu1User1
                guid2Docu2User2
                guid3Docu3User3
                guid4Docu1User1
                guid5Docu2User2
                guid6Docu3User3

But the result I get is:

guiddocument namelogin
                guid4Docu1User1
                guid5Docu2User2
                guid6Docu3User3

So the question right now is: How can I force QlikSense to treat each data reload as a new bunch of data which should be simply appended to existing tables?