As far as i know:
1. Yes, you can create the link with HTTP.
- In QMC -> Proxies -> Ports -> check Allow HTTP
- In QMC -> Virtual proxy -> Desktop authentication link -> Input your qlik sense server with http (ex: http://yourhost ) in Client authentication link host URI
Then use the created string to open on your iPhone/iPad (ex: send it over email and click the link, QS Mobile app will open)
2. In case you need to use HTTPS, i think you have to buy SSL Certification.
3. Yes, Nov 2017 is supported. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Content/WhatsNew/What-is-new-Sept2017.htm
Hope it can help.
Go to Proxies > Central Proxy > Edit
Under Ports, check Allow HTTP
Go to QMC > Virtual Proxies > <>(Default) > Edit > Advanced > Websocket origin white list
Go to QMC -> Virtual proxies -> Desktop authentication link -> Input your qlik sense server with http (ex: http://yourhost ) in Client authentication link host URI
Add your IP address of the Sense Server machine (ie. 10.1.123.234)
The easiest solution is to utilize the Proxy setup as per above and have users navigate to the server via HTTP and not HTTPS. **Make sure to have HTTP enabled anyway for if the below doesn't work, you will need an alternate way to get back into the QMC.
You must use a trusted certificate, Once you have this certificate, you will need to import it into your windows deployment.
Qlik Sense Mobile app
The Qlik Sense Mobile app allows you to securely connect to your Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment from your supported mobile device. The Qlik Sense Mobile app can be deployed and managed using either Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) software, or Apple Developer Enterprise Program tools.