10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2011 6:23 AM by Deepak Vadithala RSS

Is this possible

I have the following syntax in a variable which shows a button depending on what the variable returns. The button is placed within a graph so when the user drills down to status level the button will appear: -

if(getselectedcount(Status)=1,1,0)

As there are more than one graph on the page with the status option I want the button to only appear within the grpah that the selection comes from.

Does that make sense?

Example - CH01 has the button but the user selects a status from CH02....I don't want that button to appear unless the selection comes from CH01

Can anyone help??

• Is this possible
          Deepak Vadithala

Yes it is possible. Please can you load the sample QV document? I can work an example with your sample data?

Cheers - DV

• Re: Is this possible

I've attached the QVW as requested!

• Re: Is this possible
                  Deepak Vadithala

Hi Sam,

Let me make sure if I had understood the requirement. You wanted to show the "Show Detail" button only when you select "Declined" from Tender Status chart. I mean if you select "Declined" from other sources you don't want to show the button. I am assuming this is what you need.

If this is what you need. Then I got it working in the attached example. Here are the steps...

1. Created one more variable called vTest

2. Created a VB Script procedure

Sub ShowButton()

Set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject( "CH01" )

IF Obj.IsActive  = True  Then                                                                   

ActiveDocument.Variables("vTest").SetContent 1, True       

Else

ActiveDocument.Variables("vTest").SetContent 0, True       

End IF

End Sub

3. Created a trigger on the Status Field for OnSelect event

4. Amended the Button condition to =$(vShowDetail)=1 and vTest = 1 (Both conditions should be passed to show the button)

My VB Script procedure works on IsActive property of CurrentSelection Class. I mean when I select the chart ("CH01") in our example then it sets the value of vTest variable to 1 else 0.

I hope this makes sense and let me know you need further help!

Cheers - DV