cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donatas_juska
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView everyday "lose" user key

Have problem with QlikView 12.20.20100 (i think this problem appear after update from QlikView 11). Everyday (sometimes on different QV applications) QlikView lose user key and hang on start. If i click just "Abort" button and start QV application again everything is fine. I was try connect to server before start application, reinstall server and client, clean temp directory but nothing. Maybe someone have same problem and know how to fix this? All QV applications created on same PC. Server version is 12.20.205

qv error.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

According to that line, you cannot use any version of QlikView issued after June 26, 2016. Whether it will work and it is supported, that should be confirmed by Qlik Support.

Could also be that the LEF file must be updated on Qlik servers if your maintenance agreement is in order, you can request this via Qoncierge or Qlik Support.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Go to Settings > User Preferences > Locations > Default License Lease Server (URL) and specify the server which has the licenses like

qvp://servername

Close QlikView Desktop, then open it again, and it will get the license from there for the user opening the app.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Upgrade your QV Desktop to at least 12.20SR5. There was a problem with QV Desktop not acknowledging valid leases and reverting to PE mode (for at least two attempts, the third one usually succeeded without clmosing the document)

james_hanify
Creator
Creator

Sorry to hijack but i am having a similar issue, but i only have available to me based on my licence :

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2016-06-29

So presumably QV 12 SR5?

Unless I can use a higher version of Qlikview desktop to server?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

According to that line, you cannot use any version of QlikView issued after June 26, 2016. Whether it will work and it is supported, that should be confirmed by Qlik Support.

Could also be that the LEF file must be updated on Qlik servers if your maintenance agreement is in order, you can request this via Qoncierge or Qlik Support.