Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can You Plug In New Data in a Table for Scenario Analysis?

New to Qlik, thanks for your patience. Posting this after others were very helpful with another issue.

1. Is it possible to plug in new data on the fly in a table for scenario analysis, like one would do in excel?

For example, I have a table where the first five columns are simple count expressions on a field and the remaining columns are derived with expressions that calculate this data (summing them, percentages, ratios etc).

table.JPG

Ideally, it would be helpful to be able to plug new numbers into one of the first five columns to see how the figures would change in certain situations. The data in the derived columns can also be useful across multiple fields, but the table chart doesn't look like it supports alternative dimensions.

2. If this analysis is possible, can you swap fields?

It seems like there was a discussion similar to this, but no clear answer. 

"What if" Analysis in Qlik Sense

whatif.JPG

I'm on server version of qlik, and I have some hoops to jump through for extensions, so it would be ideal without. But, if that's the only way, I can try to push through.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

To plug in your own values you could use variables and an extension like qsvariable to adjust it via an input box or a slider like above in your example.

Alternative dimensions have been supported in Qlik sense out the box for awhile now so check your version.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

To plug in your own values you could use variables and an extension like qsvariable to adjust it via an input box or a slider like above in your example.

Alternative dimensions have been supported in Qlik sense out the box for awhile now so check your version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you again, Andy!

I'll try this out and come back to mark this closed / correct if I can get it to work.