cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total values in pivot table: weighted average

Hi there,

I have a special kind of challenge 🙂 I want to get the following pivot table (see the following example):

ProjectTotalEmployeesFreelancer
ActualPlanActualPlanActualPlan
A11.11%8.03%11.96%10.71%--
B62.73%77.38%59.90%70.50%99.78%98.00%

I already found the formula for the columns "Actual": sum(Cost)/ sum(total <Status> Cost)

My challenge now is to find the right formula for the column "Plan" because I want to achieve a weighted average in the total values. I that I want the value of "Employee" count 3 times and "Freelancer" 1 time.

Example: Project B

The plan for employees (70.5) times 3 (=211.5) + plan of freelancer (98) times 1 = 309.5 divided by 4 equals a weighted total average of 77.38.

For the project B I already got the fitting formula:

((sum({<Status= {"Employee"} >}distinct Plan)*3)

+

(sum({<Status= {'Freelancer'} >}distinct Plan)*1))

/

(if(Status='Employee',3,

if(Status='Freelancer' ,1,4))) // Divisor depends on in which Status the calculation takes place

However, for Project A I cant make it work. As there are empty or null values in the Status "Freelancer", for the total value the divisor will always equal 3 as it appears there are only employees.

So, how can I achieve a division in the total value always by 4? I already tried diverse funktions with isnull but I cant find a solution.

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

+

/

(If(Dimensionality() = 0, 4

If(Status = 'Employee', 3,

If(Status = 'Freelancer', 1))))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

+

/

(If(Dimensionality() = 0, 4

If(Status = 'Employee', 3,

If(Status = 'Freelancer', 1))))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey thank you so much! That was really the right clue. In fact I had to change it to SecondDimensionality() because I needed the total of the columns not the rows but you put me on the right path!

Have a great weekend!