Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeeoonling
Contributor II
Contributor II

App does not reload successfully anymore for some reason due to permissions.

Hi,

I have an app that had been reloading successfully for a long time without any failures to speak of.

One day, it just suddenly failed due to the following error:

2018-07-27 11:09:29 0054   CUSTOM*CONNECT*Provider*

2018-07-27 11:09:31        Error: QVX_CONNECT_ERROR: Could not connect to server: phntpqv1

2018-07-27 11:09:31       

2018-07-27 11:09:31        Error accessing Management Service.

2018-07-27 11:09:31        Make sure you are in the 'QlikView Management API' group on the 'phntpqv1' server! If the group doesn't exist you can create it, a logoff/login or a server restart may be required!

2018-07-27 11:09:31        Detailled error:

2018-07-27 11:09:31        Authorization failed for user hellogames\QVadmin, required access level is QlikView Management API

2018-07-27 11:09:31        (exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException)

2018-07-27 11:09:31        General Script Error

2018-07-27 11:09:31        Execution Failed

2018-07-27 11:09:31        Execution finished.

This is impossible though! I opened up the Groups and I clearly see that the QVadmin account is a part of the QlikView Administrators and QlikView Management API group.

There is one interesting thing to note. When I try to reload this via the QMC, it fails within 20 seconds. When I remote into the server using QVadmin, open up the app, and reload it there, it reloads perfectly fine. The only issue is that I can don't do it via the QMC.

What is going on and what could possibly have happened? This just suddenly happened one day, no changes to anything were made (as far as I know).

Anyone have an idea where to start looking and what type of actions to take next? I am currently at a loss.

Thanks.

10 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is all happening on a single machine called phntpqv1 that is running all QlikView services? Did you try restarting the services or rebooting the server (at least one)?

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Is the user a domain account?

Is it possible that the password has expired?

Father/Husband/BI Developer
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If it reloads find when you remote into the machine, I would think of a couple of things.

1. ODBC drivers setup as user and not system.

2. Service account running the Qlik services doesn't have right to load data, connect to remote machine,

Change the distribution service login to the QVadmin account and see if it runs.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
leeeoonling
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The server reboots every weekend and this error started occurring last month so I've tried the "Did you try turning it off and on?" method.

Thanks.

leeeoonling
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The user is a domain account and it's not possible that the password expired considering it reloads every other app on the QMC with no issues at all except for this one app.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As to the other question in my post: phntpqv1 is the name of the machine on which all services are running, and on which the QDS has to be able to reload a document with QMS information?

If this is the case, and you refer to the QMS using a hostname, you may want to check whether port 4799 is still open in Windows Firewall.

leeeoonling
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

phntpqv1 is the publisher, QDS and QMS is on there. A different machine is the QlikView Server.

4799 is open, unfortunately.

leeeoonling
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

1. ODBC drivers setup as user and not system.

It is not using ODBC (I think) as this is the connection string:

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QVSManager.exe;Server=$(vServer);Warnings=True;Debug=False;"; 

2. Service account running the Qlik services doesn't have right to load data, connect to remote machine,

Change the distribution service login to the QVadmin account and see if it runs.

This would not work because it reloads every other app on the QMC just fine.

Oliveira83
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have exact same problem. 

"QVX_CONNECT_ERROR: Could not connect to server: localhost".

Tried a lot of things, but nothing has worked.

Has anyone managed to solve it? =/

Thanks