Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavan045
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to connect external R server from Qlik sense

Hi All,

I am able to connect to R (which was installed in Qliksense server only) from Qliksense using following Complied version of SSE plug -in.

Compiled Open Source R Plugin (SSE-R-Plugin)

Now I am trying to connect to an external R server from my Qliksense. I tried to use same SSE Plugin and tried to update CONFIG file with external R server and port details, but it is not working. Anyone can point me in the right direction please ?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess you have done this?

2018_07_30_18_27_01_sse_r_plugin_GetStarted.md_at_master_qlik_oss_sse_r_plugin.png

Have you either restarted or exited and started the Qlik Sense again after the edit?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It might very well be firewall settings that needs to be adjusted by allowing the port-number to get through the firewall of the Qlik Sense computer/server.

yannick_c
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Pavan,

For me I am using SSE plugin as a Windows service for Qlik and an external R server.

To connect to the external R server I changed the file SSEtoRserve.exe.config adding the following markup:

<setting name="rserveHost" serializeAs="String">

<value>192.168.X.XX</value>

</setting>

Regards

yannick_c

Where are you using your SSE plugin ? (the same as your Qlik Server or computer, with your R server or external ?)

Can you ping your R server from your computer/server ?

pavan045
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Yannick,

Thank you for your response.

I am actually changing the R hostname in config file to my R server's hostname. whenever I do that and trying to start SSE a CMD window will appear for a 2 seconds and gone. I am able to ping to my R server from my Qliksense server (using R server's hostname) where I am trying setup SSE plugin. Not sure if I can check the connection to exact Rserve port (using Defalut port 6311).

Anything can you think of please ?

yannick_c

Well maybe one of this point is your solution:

1. SSE plugin config
  2. File config
  3. R Server
  4. Qlik Engine

1. The SSE plugin config

My SSE plugin is running on the Qlik Server, so I didn't change the SSE config as Petter mentionned (I let QMC / Analytic connection / Name : R + Host : localhost + Port 50051)

2. The file config

Sorry I forgot this markup too

<setting name="grpcHost" serializeAs="String">

<value>0.0.0.0</value>

</setting>

EDIT : I did not change this markup

3. The R Server

Can you use telnet on your R server ?

My R server is on CentOS Server with the following command

R CMD R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/3.4/Rserve/libs/Rserve --RS-enable-remote --save

--RS-enable-remote is very important

4. The Qlik Engine

You have to run the SSE-Plugin then restart the Qlik Sense Engine Service for the install. Did you do it ?