11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2013 1:36 PM by Felipe Carrera RSS

Performance Issues

Ivan Drago

Hi,

I am recently having performance issues i.e. taking a while to switch sheets and then loading graphs once in that sheet?! Can anyone out there advise what to change or look out for and if there are any tools out there that would tell me what data to clean up?

Thanks

• Performance Issues
          Johannes Sunden

Well, look for the amount and complexity of sheet objects. Under Settings > Document Properties > General, you can export Memory Statistics that should show you how long it takes to load certain objects etc.

• Performance Issues
              Ivan Drago

Johannes, Thanks for this! Which field would you be intesrested the most? i.e.Bytes, Size..etc?

Also I'm sure I seen a Document within the forums that would tell you the performance of a certain Documentand would tell you which fields was not used etc...are you aware of this?

Thanks

• Re: Performance Issues
                  Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

Have a look at the attached document.

This is used to optimize the performance issue of the document. (Qlikview Application)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Ivan Drago

Hi Kaushik, I have opened the QlikView Optimizer, when I have gone to my Document to save the mem file it does not save this as that file type but saves this as a text file? when i cahnge the text file from .txt to .mem, the QlikView Optimizer does not look like it recognises the file as the results are not telling me much.

Thanks

Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

How are you creating a mem file.

Use this method.

Go to Settings-> Document Properties-> General Tab -> Click Memory Statistic -> Give the name of that file.

And us this file in the Optimiser.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Ivan Drago

For some reason it is not savingthe file as a mem extension but saving it as the following "Performance..txt" I have changed this to "Performance..mem" and seems to be working now as before I had the file as "Performance.mem".

Do you know what each field relates to?

Bytes

Count

Size

Also for some reason it is not bring across the CalcTime and AvgCalTime?

Is there anywhere that would tell me which field is not being used within the Document? As I can remit this out when loading the Document.

Thanks

Hello,

After saving this document with (.mem) extension. How it will work? Can you please explain me with example.

Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

Once you have the .mem file of any of your application. You can give it as input to the optimiser application.

What Optimiser will do is, it will give you the total detail of your application, like what object you have used. How much is the size of that object, what is the count and many more things.

This helps you wo understand that what takes more memory and effects the over all performance of your application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Shubham Kumar

I tried to save in .mem type but while opening the mem file type it doesn't give any option to open with or can say no support for open. how can we use that file as performance optimizer. Please explain.

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

If you read the full post i have given how to create a .mem file and then  you will also find the optimiser application attached in the post.

once you open the application all you have to do is give the path of the .mem file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Felipe Carrera

hi

this is old, but do you know if there are instructions for the application, on how to interprete values and react?

i installed it, and go excellent insides on my charts, but i do not know for ex. if the use of variables and many expressions in my charts are the cause of the problems. Thiis is an issue if i get a calculation over 50 million rows in a chart using a formula a created in the script.

thanks for any inside

felipe