Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to view data in bar chart with 3 dimensions ?

I am trying to replicate the below format of bar graph in my dashboard chart function:

This is my dashboard chart which I have made so far:

The bar shown for each dimension (Eg; Design) is the data for Wk-31, so I am trying to bring in one more bar for Wk-30.

I have 2 dimensions till now, one is a data field and another is a valuelist dimension created. Now, when I am trying to insert one more dimension there is no change in the graph unless I promote that 3rd dimension.

Please assist.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could try it by enabling the grid-mode for your WK dimension (in the bottom left in tab dimension).

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I cant find the grid mode option in dimension tab.

marcus_sommer

It's here:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus, but that's not the result  what I am looking for.

marcus_sommer

I assume than that it won't be possible in a classical way because the number of dimensions and measures within the charts is limited, see: Chart Dimensionality and by trying to use the max. number of it, it leads often to further limitations like forcing to a only stacked view or just reverse or something else - therefore the mentioned differences in the link to the sensible vs. largest number of dimensions.

Alternatives might be to use several charts which are lying over eachother with appropriate adjustments to the layout and often more difficult to size/position/synchronize the bars.

Another way and in your case probably easier would be to concat your Phase and WK dimension into a single-dimension.

Whatever way you choose I doubt that you could reach the layout 1:1 from your example but an appropriate displaying of the information should be possible with the above mentioned grid-mode or one of the alternatives here.

Marcus