cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgm001qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hub Authentication with Users created from Excel File

We have Active Directory in place but need to create some generic Training users to access a training stream and those users cannot be added to the Active Directory.  I have successfully created the UDC connection and sync'd it, but haven't found how to get the training users to log into the HUB.  I've ready through various posts here some were from 2016, watched all the videos but it hasn't got to me yet how to get them to authenticate into the environment.  I created a password column as well which I saw mixed things about so hoping there is something newer more recent to be added. We are using Qlik Sense 3.4.2 and I've attached the spreadsheet I'm using and screen shots of the UDC.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You still need an authentication module. Qlik Sense itself only has an authentication module for AD and local windows users. The quick solution is to create the users as local users of the windows server where Qlik Sense is installed. The better solution is to add the users in AD.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
balabhaskarqlik

Check this too, for an idea:

Login Access without Windows AD

fgm001qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Gysbert - thanks!  Got this to work with the local user on the server!

fgm001qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Bala - thanks!  Have you done any of this with the Proxies or APIs - APIs with Qlik aren't really my area of expertise and I was wondering how big a learning curve this could be because full AD integration would be a project with multiple groups involved the way our organization is structured.