Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

Tasks fail in QMC, but are updated in AccessPoint

Hello Everyone,

From past few weeks I am seeing this issue. Task in the QMC would fail, but the report is updated in the AccessPoint page.

When I checked the windows log file of the publisher, it says, "Source document was NOT reloaded successfully. Document path = ..."

Log file in the QMC has the following warnings around the same time:

1. The description for Event ID 500 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

System: when AAALR(5.263889) is greater than 1.000000, we suggest using new row applicator to improve time and mem effeciency.

2. The description for Event ID 500 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

System:    - aggregating on 'Reason_Strichprobe'(%StationID) with Cardinal(136), for Object: Document\CH652 in Doc: D:/ACCESSPOINT/ABC_historical.qvw

Second warning looks strange, as this report has not been reloaded at all during this time because, that is a historical report and was reloaded only in the beginning of the year!

Has anyone come across this issue?

Any help on this?

Thank you.

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Apoorva,

If you encounter error "Source document was NOT reloaded successfully' in a Publisher/Reload Engine task log, then you'll need to refer to the Document log (aka Script log) of the QVW file associated with this failed reload task. If document logging is enabled, it will be stored in the same directory in which the QVW file is housed. If document logging is not enabled, you will need to open the QVW file in QlikView Developer, click Settings > Document Properties > General tab and ensure the "Generate Logfile" checkbox & "Timestamp in Logfile Name" checkbox are ticked. Then run the reload task so that the document log is generated. This log should provide you with greater information on the cause of the reload failure. If you need further help, just attach the Document log to this thread (or the returned error, at least).

RE: the System: when AAALR(5.263889) is greater than 1.000000, we suggest using new row applicator to improve time and mem effeciency warning you are seeing in the Windows Events log, "AAALR" is a very low level concept deep in the engine. Generally speaking it means the average length of aggregation array. The longer this array is, the more memory and CPU power are to be used by the engine to get aggregation result for every hypercube node. When AAALR is greater than 1.0, normally the customer has a large data set and suffers slow responses and high memory usage in their app. In this case, a setting called “DisableNewRowApplicator” can be applied in the QlikView Server settings.ini (default location is C:/Programdata/QlikTech/QlikViewServer).

If you have an app which contains large data set and is suffering from bad performance (high memory usage and poor response time), and this warning is output in the QlikView Server Events logs, then you can  enable “DisableNewRowApplicator=0” to mitigate the problem.

Possible settings:
DisableNewRowApplicator=1: use Engine default.
DisableNewRowApplicator=0: use new row applicator where Engine reckons suitable.
DisableNewRowApplicator=-1: force to use new row applicator all the time. (Only available in 11.20 SR16 and higher)

If you decide to implement the DisableNewRowApplicator setting, be sure that you enter the entry under the [Settings 7] property and not under the [Authentication] property of the QlikView Server Settings.ini file.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Chip,

Thanks a lot for your response!

Sorry, I forgot to mention this, I had checked the log file of the QVW. Even though the qvw log file says, "Execution finished", the task was failing in QMC. So, I was a bit confused and wanted to know what could be the possible reason for this.

Then, when I checked the windows log files, found those warnings.

I will try to make changes as per your suggestion and see if it works!

Thank you!