Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahar_potash
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Failed to open document, you don't have access to the server.

Hi all,

someone got this message before?

when i am trying to open a qvw file in qlikview server i am getting this message: "failed to open document, you don't have access to the server". Note, this is not the "typical" message "Failed to open document, you don't have access to the document".

the strange thing is that i am able to open this file in the desktop version.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

A couple of things to try:

1) Make sure you can open a different document on the same server.

2) Reload the document from QMC to make sure the server is "aware" of it properly.

If you have your web server and QlikView engine on different machines, make sure the permissions are getting passed properly - that might be an issue, I think.

shahar_potash
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

1. I am even able to open the same file with different user and password.

2. Already try it.

The web server and QlikView engine on the same machine.

Or
MVP
MVP

Those were the most likely root causes I could think of. A few more steps to perhaps isolate the problem:

1) Are you accessing the file directly from the access point? If not - are you sure the URL is correct?

2) Can you access the same file on the server from another machine or using another user on the same machine?

3) Are you able to access the file if you Save-as to a different name?

3.1) If not, are you able to access it if you Save-as to a different name and remove the access permissions?

4) Can you access the file, as-is and using the same user and link, from the machine hosting it (via Remote Desktop)?

4.1) If not, can you access it after replacing the server name with the qualified name (including the domain)?

4.2) Or with localhost?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

This looks to be a Section Access issue. Can you confirm that the account which receives this error is included in the Section Access statement?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In addition to the above, does the QlikView user and your user have access to the folders where the QlikView files are stored? If NTFS is set in the QMC, the access is given to users via the file system, not Qlik, if DMS is set instead, users logging in the QlikView server must have access to those files.

For all the above, the webserver, either QlikView's or IIS must follow suit (e.g.: allow Windows Authentication, or use the same header specified in the QMC, etc.).