Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Lots of RAM but Apps still slow....

Hi,

We have a dedicated Server for our clients to access our Accesspoint.

This server has over 600GB Ram and our Apps apps range from 2gb - 4gb.  Looking at the performance monitor it never gets maxed out on RAM or CPU but we are experiencing a real slowness  when our apps are refreshed at the start of the week (before any caching occurs).

Is there anything we could do to speed up our applications?  We have some quite complex set analysis which we cant improve on.  I have seen some VBA automation to pre cache documents when they have been refreshed but can't seem to find a definitive tutorial on this..

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Phil

4 Replies
vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Agreed, the preloading along with the cache warming with JMeter is what we do and the "equivalent" to those VBS macros. Basically it lets you create an automated script to simulate where the users are going to click.

In our case, we can measure the improvement in 30% click response time versus the 100% without it.

Be aware that this will count towards license usage and app usage, in case you are following up on them, you will have to discard these numbers (these are not real users).

prees959
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel,

Did you find Jmeter straight forward to install and  use?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

‌Pretty much yes. With the Scalability Tools for QlikView it may take a day to create a plausible, playable scenario, enough for most of the users. A couple more days if you want to read the (good) documentations that Qlik Scalability Center have written.

Plus, for now you can ignore all the performance counters setup because you simply want to simulate clicks and generate load and send calculations to the cache. If you are interested, there will be time for that anyway.

Disclosure: I have been messing around with Jmeter and Scalability Tools for the past 5 years (while at Qlik and since) quite a lot, so I might not be the best example.