Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robodeveloper
Contributor III
Contributor III

Getting a new release - how to validate?

Hello

We're being updated to the latest release of Qlik.

I was wondering what other business Qlik users do to validate that everything is working as it was prior to the update in release version?

Thanks

4 Replies
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

when you say business Qlik users, are you referring to the end users who access from access point.

and also where you are updated to latest release in DEV or PROD. ??

if you are updated in DEV, then i think there wont be any impact to them, even you are updated to latest release in your dev environment..

coming to PROD, might be but i dont think here also it will impact, the production access point where the document is in the user documents...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Linksswuehl shared is very valuable.

From my experience testing before it depends on your architecture. Assuming that you have a integration testing environment apart from Prod. a simple typical process (for application integrity) that i have followed

1) Review release notes in detail. specifically for deprecation

2) Dev testing - Each app tested on updated Qlik desktop

3) Regression testing on Test Environment - after upgrade of Test environment,

- test all scheduled reloads ,

- test UI in detail (especially if any major deprecation is flagged from step 1)

- the level of detail in regression test depends on the kind of release. a major version upgrade we do almost complete end to end regression testing

- do load testing to make sure no performance degradation has happened

If all clear then we would give go ahead to upgrade the PROD.

Not very complicated but systematically done by BI team upgrades should be smotth

robodeveloper
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you all for your feedback.

We have just the one environment.    I'll let you know if I have anything further to add that is not already covered in the threads provided.

Already the best tip is thoroughly understanding the release notes in advance!

regards