Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thiagobarbosa90
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trouble loading Dumble image [AcessPoint]

Hi All,

I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure it out how to use images in a table when it is on AcessPoint (webview).

Desktop view (work properly)

calendar.JPG

WebView (does not work)

calendar2.JPG

So I found people that have a similar issue in the community then I followed the steps I found on this guide with no sucess QlikView Technical Brief - Loading Images into QlikView.zip . That's how I tried to load the images as Bundle load.

Bundle LOAD [Image Name],

[Image Location]

FROM

[\\plsaapqvw01\QlikviewDataSources\Homologacao\Departamento\LLP_FORD\Tracking 3.0\App\Assets\AssetLoc.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Icone);

However my images were not add here. 

bundlestd.JPG

I believe I follow every step. Does anyone could help me with it?

Thank you.

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

Instead of choosing them within the wizard you could try to type the name of your image within the expression like displayed within the linked blog-posting:

- Marcus

thiagobarbosa90
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried it as well.

Expression:

=if(StatusCP = 'CP', 'qmem://Image Name/Calendar' , '' )

Table

Image NameImage Location
CP\\plsaapqvw01\QlikviewDataSources\Homologacao\Departamento\LLP_FORD\Tracking 3.0\App\Assets\Calendar...
Calendar\\plsaapqvw01\QlikviewDataSources\Homologacao\Departamento\LLP_FORD\Tracking 3.0\App\Assets\calendar...

Expression setting

imagemcalendárioconfig.JPG

Result

badresult.JPG

I must be missing something.

marcus_sommer

Just to clarify - doesn't it work with the webview of the desktop client or within the AJAX client in the access point or in both? Did you try it with different browsers? Even the IE plugin might be worth a test.

Another point are desktop client and server on the same release? A mix of different releases could be incompatible and also a quite old release might have unfixed bugs.

- Marcus

thiagobarbosa90
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

When I tried with the path it does works on Desktop, but don't work in WebView and AJAX AcessPoint (IE nor chrome).

When I try load bundle it doen't work on Desktop nor WebView. I haven't tried yet no AJAX AcessPoint, but as it didn't work on Desktop web view I assumed it wouldn't work on AJAX Acess Point too.

What do you mean with release? QlikView version?

Thanks Marcus!

marcus_sommer

The webview from the desktop client based on the installed IE and might be different to other browsers within the access point especially if the IE release is quite old and/or there are some "special" settings to the various security- and javascript properties.

Yes, with release was the QV version meant.

- Marcus

thiagobarbosa90
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

marcus_sommer‌, Hi!

I had the chance to check QV version, indeed they are different, however we test on both of then and we got the same result. I also tryied on AJAX AcessPoint, and it didn't work. IE and chrome is the newest. I think I ran out of options.

marcus_sommer

It's difficult to say what might be wrong. I think I would create a complete new dummy-application and implementing such pictures with all possible methods in all possible objects. This means of course also in textboxes as well as table-charts and there also with different widths and heights of the cells (maybe the pictures are smaller than the css-rules of the rendering provide and therefore it just displayed the text).

- Marcus

thiagobarbosa90
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

marcus_sommer‌, thanks a lot. Your tips has been of great value. I will keep trying, I will let all know when I can make it.

😃