Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Show obly the max value of a Accumulation

Dear all,

I have a little question. In a Pivot table I use a RangeSum to Accumulate Values and on top of this I use a RangeMax tot determine the Max value of the Accumulation:

RangeMax(Top((RangeSum(Above(Value,0,RowNo()))),1,NoOfRows())

Now I only want to show the rows which contain these MAX values, but I dont know how to do this.

Please have a look at the attachment.

Does anyone have a idea how to do this?

Thanks in Advance!

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Frank,

I assume that you don't need to filter or re-order the accumulated values during runtime (which will give you a new max value and associated station).

If so, you might put the accumulation into the script. Evaluating the max in the chart is easy then and you get your desired table ( see attached qvw).

I know that this is a kind of workaround and probably not your favorite approach. I am not so deep into the inter record functions as some of the gurus here probably are, but I have the feeling that the range functions themselves prevent us from not showing the Null or zero values.

But maybe I just have missed some point,

Stefan

beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Stefan,

Your answer is certainly helpful. This is one way to solve my problem. The only thing is that I have a lot of data. My QVW file is now 30GB. If I add a aggregated table/dimension next to it, it will only get bigger. So I am looking for a way to solve it in the front end.

If there is anybody out there who knows how to solve my issue in the front end, then I am really interested!

Frank

beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Or when somebody is really sure that it is not possible to solve this question in the front end, then I also like to know this!

Thanks in advance