1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 11, 2018 7:00 AM by Sunny Talwar RSS

Convert expressions of pivot table to improve performance

Venkata Sai Charan Mydavolu

Hi,

I had a customized data model built in qlikview for a customer to handle any kind of DAR (Dashboard, Analytics & Reporting) requirements for the business.

Recently have come across a requirement to build a huge report which would show the performance of their business for last 3-4 years on a monthly basis with 100+ KPI's and variance reports. A subset of this particular requirement, there is a pivot table with 2 dimensions and 3 expressions. One of these expressions are of 500+ lines with number of if clauses and aggregate functions to produce KPI values based on dimension value.

It produces the accurate result expected, but i had a concern on its performance. It currently takes ~45 seconds to refresh the pivot table for just 3 months of data behind. I am sure it is not right to make user wait for a minute to see the report when data grows.

Could anyone suggest on better ways of doing this to avoid the performance issue ? Should the expression be converted into script (or) variable or any other options ?

Thanks in advance.