Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

Select a string through calender object

Capture.JPG

Hi all,

I have a calender object and it  is working fine when i select a date it will shows the data based on our current selections but some date values are missing so i replaced with string like 'no data' now when i select a data it need to show the data based on selections and string as well.

please suggest

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Where exactly have you added 'no data'? I don't see this in your screenshot above

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i am created calender object for the date range selection it is working fine but i have some null values in date field

so replaced with No Date

user asked when he selects a date range it should select data with his selections and No date values also

marcus_sommer

It won't be possible unless you could give them any date between the choosen min/max-date of your calendar - maybe with something like: dual('no data', floor(yearstart(today()))). Otherwise these values belong not to the selection.

Are you really sure that it make sense to display these NULL's (after replacing with any selectable value) in the context of the data which have a date? If so you will need a logic which select/displayed the dates AND the 'no data' - maybe by using a separate calendar-field which triggers the appropriate date-selection in the real field AND makes a toggle-select to the 'no data'. An alternatively could be to use set analysis within the expressions maybe with something like this:

sum({< date *= {'no data'}>} value)

- Marcus

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Marcus for your reply.

Do you have any proof i have to show my user.

qlik product has mentioned this any where in any document. if you have any details with you please share with me.

Please let me know if any possibilities are there for my requirement.

Thanks for your help.

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure what do you mean with 'proof'. If the replacement of any NULL's aren't within the dataset which the user selects the belonging values/records aren't included - it's just the way Qlik works (intentionally).

Above I showed 3 different ways with which you might bypass the standard-logics. This are replacing the NULL's with an estimated value which is probably between the user-selections or a selection-trigger or with set analysis conditions within the expressions.

And the easiest way would be just to use a listbox as selection-tool instead of a calendar object - the user just selects the wanted dates and the 'no data' ...

- Marcus

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

proof means any document from Qlik like reference document, developer cookbook.

Initially Qlik will document their limitations and best practices like have any documented points.

Because user is saying qlik is a big tool why it will not support these. so i need to show some proof.

But thanks for your support. its a great help to me.