Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Having trouble with bar chart.

Dear Friends,

We are generating a bar chart with following dimension and measures.

Dimension:Grade

Measure 1:Year11

Measure 2:Year10

Barchart is generating well but problem is for small values the bar is almost invisible.

Our objective is to print tall ones for small values.Is there anyway to

maintain the scale so that it can be started with small values and steps.

Please find an attachment.

regards,

Koushik Roy.

8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Go to properties -> Axes -> Click on the expression ->  Check on the log Scale.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply Salonki,but I tried it several times before posting the discusssion.

Atlast I have come to that point that when there was an Expression it will work fine,

but whenever we are dealing with 2 Expressions at a time(Year11 and Year10) it will

not showing the changed view.

I want to pin point that there are 2 expressions.I want a barchart with different scale

range one for the smaller bar and another for the taller one.Because it looks odd with

different values.

Please Help me by giving your valuable ideas.

Thanking you again..

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Can you please upload the pic of what you want, that will give me proper idea of what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

On the Axes tab, select the second expression and change the Position to Right (Top).  This will give you a second scale for the second expression.

Not applicable
Author

I want the same axes but different scale and scale division for both expressions.

Thank you my friend.

Not applicable
Author

A smaller scale for the bigger bar values and a bigger scale for a smaller bar value so that it will come to a visible bar chart.

Got It Friend?

Not applicable
Author

what helped in my case a while back:

Axes tab -> select expression -> Static Max Value

set the Static Max Value to 1.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you are using QV 10, you can use trellis option as per the attached app. Also you can try axis split option as attached.

Cheers.