Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Embed QlikView into SAP Netweaver Portal

Hi all,

does anybody have some experience with embedding QlikView (Server, Access Point) into SAP Netweaver Portal?

I know pretty much for sure that it's possible to add like a button to call the Access Point site, but what about further integration?

Does anybody already worked on passing user credentials from SAP Portal to QlikView (the customer wants also to control access rights with section access)? The goal is to get at least something like a pseudo single sign on (e.g. having Internet Explorer passing NT credentials).

I have some exprience with SAP and some with QlikView, but am neither expert in first neither second domain, so I appreciate any suggestions.

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I stand corrected, apparently, there is a way in QV11 without the need of using workbench.

http://community.qlik.com/message/225189#225189

View solution in original post

9 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

you can not integrate qlikview into SAP Netweaver Portal but you can Integrate your SAP Standard Report , Customized Report , Cube, DSO  into Qlikiview.

Still If you require any help pls reply.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Using workbench should make portal integration possible with almost any portal.

Possible does not imply easy or simple.

You can pass user credentials using ticketing.

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Sorry for the late reply.

Sunil, I am still thinking that you can embed Qlikview into SAP Netweaver Portal (embed like embedding Qlikview in Sharepoint via Webparts, i.e. objects from reports and using Qlikview Server services).

Daniel, thanks for the hint.

I attended a short webinar few days ago about QV integration and posted my question also there. Though only getting a short answer on the line, they mentioned two methods:

- using IFrames

- reusing the code created by workbench (as I understood you can't just drop in the developed asp.net application, but one could try to recode using Netweaver stuff (probably JAVA then). Any thoughts on this?

[Well, you could probably set up a addtional web server using workbench and embed that into Portal via iframes as third option]

Still looking into that topic, but not my first priority at the moment. Any thoughts still welcome.

Regards,

Stefan

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Stefan,

Sorry, but I'm not really familiar with Netweaver technology. I believe Workbench does include java beans, not only .NET objects so that probably will work better with Netweaver.

I bet there is someone in Qliktech Germany who has already tried this and can give you a few hints.

IFrames are definetely posibility, but will need to include the entire application on it, not just a single object, althougusing a webserver and workbench is a good idea to solve that.

suniljain
Master
Master

In IFrame you can display qlikview qbject with the help of AZAX ZFC. same features is also support in Salesforce.

Still not sure about SAP Netweaver.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, This thread is a bit old but how can I refer a single object in an iFrame?

Regards

Erich

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Erich, I believe you will probably need workbench for that. I don't think there is a way to link an iframe to a single object.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I stand corrected, apparently, there is a way in QV11 without the need of using workbench.

http://community.qlik.com/message/225189#225189

subathra
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

i have bar chart with month as dimension and current year and previous year sales as measure...how can i set colour to individual measure by using colour expression