1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 21, 2011 6:34 PM by Daniel Rozental RSS

Pivot table Context

Is there any way I can get the pivot table intersection in VBScript? I would like to get the context before and after the click.

Actually, what I want to do is to set the row and column selections to row and column intersection in the pivottable. I see that if I click on Row A and Col B

the selection is fine. If I then click on Row A and Col C, the value of the Row is toggled out and the selection for the row is blanked out. Instead I want the variables to be set to Row A and Col C.

I was thinking to implement this in VBScript. But I am not able to get the context of the cell where the user clicked.

Please let me know how I can implement this - whether with VBScript or any other configuration changes.

Thanks

Sekhar

• Pivot table Context
          Daniel Rozental

Not sure I got what you're trying to achieve but I have a couple ideas that might help you.

You can have a document level trigger on Row and Col selection then store into a variable the selection.

You can use previous selection in set analysis sum({$1} Sales) will return the sales of the previous selection.