Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution services missing from QEMC

Hi,

I'm am trying to install QlikView (10 SR2) for the first time, the installation went smooth, but when I open QEMC and head to the system tab for configuration, the "distribution services" folder and service is missing. I during the installation I chose "Single server full installation" (or something like that), and I can see under windows services, that the actual QlikView Distribution service is running. It's just missing from QEMC.

Does anyone know if I have to do something special to make dist services appear in QEMC? or have anyone experinced this issue before?

Kind regards,

Rasmus

2 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

are you starting qlikview services from the user account belong to qlikview administrator?

if not assign that user to qlikview administrator's group. and restart the services.

Hopefully will resolve your issue.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Tanks for your reply. The service user is local adm, so that's not where the problem is located. But I managed to locate the source of the problem, with the help of a QT technician; it's because it is a test env, so we don't have a publisher license, and apparently the distribution service section only appears after that license is registrered in QlikView. Case solved.

Regards,

Rasmus