cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect to sql server 2008 in Qlikview

Hi,

I can't connect to a SQL Sever 2008.

I want to connect with provider "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 10.0" to a SQl server 2008.

servername = server1, database= db1

In the source I used: OLEDB CONNECT64 TO.........

What are the parameters for this string??

Is there something special to do for SQL 2008??

I had no problems with SQL server 2005

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hello,

there is no special move from SQL2005 to SQL 2008
see below the connection string

[Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=yourdatabase;Data Source=your name server;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=your name server;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False]';

quiquehm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Could you please give me the details on how to setup the connection to a SQL server 2008 ? From the Edit Script menu in Qlikview I am not too sure where to start, in the Database box there are 2 options ( OLE DB and ODBC ) ...which one should I use ? Do I need to install any special drivers in my laptop ? ( I am just using developer version 8.5 and need to connect to a remote SQL server 2008 ( I know server name, port ( not sure the port number is needed ) and user login crdentials ).

Please advice , I have some experience working with QlikView but just reading from flat files. Connections to a database is totally new for me .

Appreciate some guidance

Thanks

Enrique

Not applicable
Author

SQL.png

you should install server 2008 on your laptop. then selecting "OLEDB" and click "connexion" in edit script. and then you can create your connection as image attached

quiquehm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Do you mean I need to install SQL server 2008 in my laptop ? What for ? The database I need to get access from Qlikview is in a remote server in my corporate network . Not sure I understand your advice. Unfortunately I can´t see the picture you attach...it´s too small and the resolution is really poor.

Please help

Thank you