4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2011 5:24 AM by anilkumar08 RSS

Linking Multiple Reports

Hi,

i have some reports like server details is one report(sheet) and hardware details is another report...like this  i have 5 reports,, in the main report i have hierarchy

if i click on servers that report has to display and i click on hardware that report has to update with the existing report......how to link all these in to this hierarchy,,.....please help me on this..

• Linking Multiple Reports

Hi,

what do ypu mean by " that report has to update with the existing report"?

Have you tried simple buttons with actions?

If you chose "extern" within the actions you can choose "open a QlikView Document" and then just write the URL to the other report.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Sabine

Hi Sabine,

Thanks for your replay,,

Let me explain clearly,,,actually we are implementing a dashboard the first page is like this....

--Hardware

--Servers

-- Desktops

-- Firewalls

--Software

--Databases

--Middleware(these all are not the tabs its like a tree structure, and assume all are individual sheets)

From this first page if i click servers that report has display and if i click on Desktops that report has to display .......  i think now  you understand my req...

So you can use the Show Condition in the the individual sheets.

Choose Sheet properties -> Layout -> Show -> Conditinal

In the Conditional window you can use something like:

=if(concat(Treefield)='Hardware', 1,0)

That will for e.g. show your Hardware-Sheet if there is "Hardware" selected in the field where you have your tree information.

Is that what you need?

Regards

Sabine

Yes exactly i want to show the sheets whenever i select a value(sheet) from tree,

how to show the selected sheet from tree information what is the expression for that,, i think we have to write the expression in script only,,,,am i right????