2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 3:14 AM by Pallavi Swarup RSS

Probability Functions in Qlikview

Mark Monfort

Hi all,

Long time user, first time poster.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully implemented either the BETAINV or GAMMA functionality available in MS Excel, through Qlikview.

I see that there are a limited number of probability/statistical functions in Qlikview and that neither of these functions are available.

Has anyone implemented this type of analysis in their work??

I thought I could do a workaround via a macro loading VB script and am currently searching the web to find this... has anyone done something similar and could you please advise what the script was?

Many thanks!!!

• Probability Functions in Qlikview
          Mark Monfort

I've actually found the following information but still not solved the problem. On Qlikview's Help page under "statistical distribution functions" it states:

"

The statistical distribution functions described below are all implemented in QlikView using the Cephes library. For references and details on algorithms used, accuracy etc, please see http://www.netlib.org/cephes/. The Cephes function library is used by permission."

In my net searches I actually found that the Cephes library is where you can find a MYSQL script for creating Beta distribution (and hence finding the inverse of Beta distribution).

Has anyone called on this library of functions before?

cheers