4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2011 7:00 AM by dnorwood RSS

Qlikview Port Numbers

Does anyone know if there is documentation explaining what each port number does/talks to? We are trying to set up version 10 in an Extranet and my network guys are asking details about each port number in order to open the firewall. I am not a network engineer so I am looking for some direction. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

• Qlikview Port Numbers
          Isaiah Weed

Check the "QlikView Server Reference Manual."  By default you can find this on the server in c:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation.  Search for Client Communication to QlikView Server.

Typically you would need to open port 80 and/or 443 (HTTP/HTTPS) for AccessPoint and AJAX clients.  These could also be used for tunneling.  For connections using the fat client or IE Plug-in you'll need to open port 4747 (proprietary QVP protocol.)   -Isaiah

• Qlikview Port Numbers

Thank you for the information. I am waiting for them to open it up to test. I found a discussion thread that listed the following ports that should be opened. Does anyone know where to find the descriptions for these? I don't see them in the document listed above.

Ports: