Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ester_pr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

variable whit calculation in pivot table

Hi I have a very long calculation so i put it in a variable,

If I am puting the variable in the pivot table it gives me  the sum of all dimension although the dimension is in the pivot table

what should i do?

Thanks,

Ester

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

In this scenario you need to keep in mind that the variable will be a pre-calculated value if it has an initial equal sign (=). If you instead remove the equal sign your variable becomes a string with the expression as it's content, expanding that will then mean that the actual calculaiton is performed on each row in your table.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

In this scenario you need to keep in mind that the variable will be a pre-calculated value if it has an initial equal sign (=). If you instead remove the equal sign your variable becomes a string with the expression as it's content, expanding that will then mean that the actual calculaiton is performed on each row in your table.

ester_pr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks you have been very halp full,

Ester

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Good to hear your issue was resolved. Please always mark helpful or correct answers, to make community content more reusable for others.

ester_pr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Toni,

Can you help me again?

I have made a condision that if i dont have the sum take the avg of the pre q,

in the condision i an writing to ignor the month(COS thar is no line in that month) and take p(q), it works jast fine,

but when i add month dimension it does not work, (it gives me the avg to every month)

do you know what to do?

Thanks

Ester