1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 10:46 PM by Kumaran Ravichandran RSS

Silent installation of QlikView Server v10

Greetings Experts!

Is there any way can I install QlikView server component silently without providing the Administrator credentials in the silent install parameters?

We've a requirement: Since I package the QlikView server component, want to install the package on many server using the automated tools.

Please advise if you guys have any insight on this?

Thanks

AJAY

• Re: Silent installation of QlikView Server v10

Hi Ajay,

I am going through this same requirement in my company now.

I could see that this is a very old post.

But I would like to contribute my approach for silent installation of QVS.

The version we will be running is 11 SR1.

So this may work for version 10. It may not.

I am using the below command.

"%systemroot%\System32\msiexec.exe" /i "<FileLocation>\QlikViewServerx64.msi" /qn /norestart /log "<LogFileLocation>\QlikView_Server_Install.log" AddLocal="DirectoryServiceConnector,ManagementService,QVS,WebServer,DistributionService,SupportTools" REGION_LIST="<Your Country>" AgreeToLicense="Yes" USERNAME="<Your User Name>" COMPANYNAME="<Your Company Name>" LOCALSERVICE="True"

This installs the QVS under the local system account.

We can then modify the services manually to run under a service account.

I did not automate this as I do not want the password to be available in plain text.

Also it can change at a later date.

We should also add the service account to the QlikView Administrators group.

This can be performed manually or using a script.

Kindly let me know if you have found a way to include login credentials as part of silent installation.

Regards,

Kums