2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 9:32 AM by Jason Schmidtlein RSS

Oracle 11g ODBC connection issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to setup a qlikview report to be published on a server(Windows Server 2003 x64) using the Qlikview Enterprise Management Console. I am loading my data using an ODBC connection to an Oracle 11g database.  I triple checked to ensure that when I installed the ODBC drivers that I was using  64 bit client software and that the connection was setup using the System DSN. The connection string in the qlikview report is as follows

ODBC CONNECT TO [CONNECTIONNAME;DBQ=CONNECTIONNAME] (XUserId is SOMEHASHKEYSEQUENCE, XPassword is SOMEHASHKEYSEQUENCE);

The weird thing is, if I directly open the report (.qvw file ) on the server using a qlikview developer license the report reloads the data.

If I setup the report on the Qlikview Enterprise Management Console as soon as the date is reloaded it fails.  In the log file for the report I get the following message.

ODBC CONNECT*XUserId*XPassword*

Error : SQL##f - SSqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere.  I could not find another topic with this specific issue.