Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Hosting?

Hey all,  I have been working with QV for a bit now and truly enjoy what it does.  So much so that I want to look into setting up a QV development shop.  I've got it all in line except for one thing...licensing.  It seems extremely cost prohibitive to purchase QV server, CALs, O/S, RDBMS, and hardware just to prove a concept.  I'm looking at 15-20K ($) JUST to see if my idea is viable.  I need a cost effective way of developing and distributing documents even of it is on a very limited basis; 5 CALS tops is all I would need to qualify a proof of concept.

So, does anyone know of a (painless) way of getting into this?  Two options that jump to mind are, 1) buying a used, no longer in use license of an older version, or 2) pay someone else to "host" my licenses.  I have spoken with an account rep and I was directed to the forums for details on these types of questions.

Well, this is my delimna.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think QV licensing terms allow you to reuse an "old" license that had been sold to another company. It sounds like you may want to become a Qlikview Partner which would give you access to the resources you need to develop and market QV applications and services. See http://www.qlik.com/us/partners/partner-programs for more info or ask your account rep to put you in touch with your regional QT Partner Manager.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

In order to become a parter I have to provide a business model, go to market strategy, vertical focus, and on and on and on.  All I want to do is develop a single document and allow up to 5 market reps to view the doc.  I want them to make suggestions so I can recode, redistribute, and start the process over.  I'm just in a proof of concept phase here.  It could be that after 6 months the reps will say, "Nah, just doesn't work here." 

There is no way I'm going to sink 20K into a proof of concept nor am I going to develop models and strategies at this point.  I just need to see if this is commercially viable.  If the reps come back with "Yep, works for us" then I'll start putting together the frameworks.  I'm having a hard time believing QlikView is so prohibitive.

Not applicable
Author

How long do you need the CALs to prove out your solution?

Not applicable
Author

I can't say for certainty, but I'm thinking 3-6 months.  So much of this will depend on the availability of the market reps I'm working with.