3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 3:26 PM by Matthew Riedl RSS

Forecast not showing with certain selections

Hi,

I have a field [Enrollment Count] whose value is populated on daily basis.

Now in the middle of the month, I have to make a forecast for the remaining days of the month for which

I am using this expression :

if(not sum([Enrollment Count]),linest_m(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])), Date), Date)* Date  +linest_b(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])),Date), Date))

This gives me a projection based on regression.

However, I also have a field state. If I select a particular state, then the projected values do not come on the chart.

Any particular reason for this?

Regards,

Rajiv

• Re: Forecast not showing with certain selections
          if(not sum([Enrollment Count]),
           linest_m(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])), Date), Date)* Date 
          +linest_b(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])),Date), Date))

The expression that I am using.

• Forecast not showing with certain selections

If may be due to the forecast dates not being associated with any states. Once you select something only the associated data will be displayed - the "associative" experience. This is the default functionality of qlikview.

You can try concatenating the forecast data to your fact table for each state. This will allow you to select a state and still have the forecast dates be associated. If done correctly, your forecast will still display.

• Re: Forecast not showing with certain selections

For example, you could do this

UniqueStates:
                  LOAD DISTINCT
                       STATES //Change to your actual state field name
                  RESIDENT #FactTabelName; //#FactTableName should be your table name

For i = 15 to 30 //From day 15 to day 30 - assuming 30 days
                       CONCATENATE (#FactTabelName) //#FactTableName should be your table name
                       LOAD
                            STATES //Change to your actual state field name
                            ,MakeDate(2012,3,$(i)) as Date //creates date for each remaining day
                       RESIDENT UniqueStates;
                  Next