Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

DSC - AD - Cannot Lookup Usernames When Setting Task

Hi all,

I have installed QVS v 10 at a client site. We have configured the server and it works well with one exception.

When we are setting up a task to Distribute to Server we are wanting to browse for usernames within AD so NTFS permissions get applied. However we are unable to browse for any entry we make, when I say unable to browse there are never any results for any of the entries we input. Outside of that the task works fine.

DSC looks proper and it is set with the correct LDAP entry. We have tried entering multiple user accounts and also left this information blank, however none of these combinations are getting us username results when setting up a task.

Can anyone offer any insight into this?

Thanks.

-Jeremy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

To add closure to this thread, I ended up setting  Configurable LDAP DSC and this fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

I should note that when I say unable to browse it is from within the Documents->Source Documents->Document(added task)-> User or Groups dialogue.

Also we are using IIS instead of QvWS.

Thanks again.

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

To add closure to this thread, I ended up setting  Configurable LDAP DSC and this fixed the issue.