20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 10:07 AM by Eleni Theodoridou RSS

google maps in Qlikview not so simple

Aissam Boumejjane

Hi Guys,

i'm still new to qlikview

I went tru this tutorails to learn how to add google maps in a qlikview document. However it is not as simple as I thought it would be

I've created a new Qlikview file and copied the map chart to my new qlikview file. However I get the error message no data to display. It can be the internet settings because I connect directly to the internet without a proxy/firewall.

The tutorails load country's as:

Albania,

Algeria,

Argentina,

Armenia,

Australia,

Austria,

Azerbaijan,

Bahrain,

Suppose I want to load one country for example The Netherlands and zoom in till postcode level. What steps do I need to take to acieve is? I have a Excel list with all the postcode and want to link them to (the google) map, and calculate for example profit per city. Just don't know where to start. execpt trying to understand how to add the google map, that's hopefully a good step.

I've add both the 'google tutorial' and my 'practice sheet'

Hope u can help!

Thanks in advance!

iSam

• google maps in Qlikview not so simple
          Jean-Jacques Jesua

Hi

in the GoogleTest app I have seen 2 issues

1)  change the  SET DecimalSep=',';   in   SET DecimalSep='.';

2) go to property/colors panel  then set  Transparency to  0%

It works !

To answer to you question how to display   data on map you need 2  things :

-  coordinate longitude / latitude  for each location 

-  a value for each location

I suspect you lack the coordinate ?   If you send me a sample of your address or postcode I can build an app with a geocoder before mapping.

Regards

JJ

This part of the code shows the data you need to make it work:

// Variables required for calculating map
            // make sure your code assigns a long and a lat to "longitude" and "latitude" or it won't work

var_pi180=  '=pi()/180';
            var_lat_offset= '0';
            var_mc2=  '=256*pow(2,$(var_zoom))';
            var_mc1=  '=256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1))';
            var_mid_lat= '=min(latitude)+(1+var_lat_offset)*((max(latitude)-min(latitude))/2)';
            var_mid_long= '=min(longitude)+(max(longitude)-min(longitude))/2';
            var_zoom=  '=max(aggr(if(max( round(256*pow(2,(_zoom_level -1)))+( longitude  *((256*pow(2,_zoom_level ))/360)) )-min( round(256*pow(2,(_zoom_level -1)))+( longitude  *((256*pow(2,_zoom_level ))/360)) ) <map_size_x AND max((256*pow(2,(_zoom_level-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,_zoom_level))/(2*pi()))))-min((256*pow(2,(_zoom_level-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,_zoom_level))/(2*pi()))))<map_size_y,_zoom_level,1),_zoom_level))';
            var_maptype= '=if(isnull(only(maptype)),fieldvalue( '&chr(39)&'maptype'&chr(39)&', 1 ),maptype)';
            map_size_x=     '640';
            map_size_y=     '400';

SET HidePrefix='_' ;
            // Field required for calcualting best zoom level
            _zoom_level:
            Load RecNo( ) as _zoom_level autogenerate(max_zoom_level);

maptype:
            LOAD * INLINE [
                maptype
                roadmap
            mobile
            satellite
            terrain
            hybrid
            ];

If you have the long and the lat and have named them properly then this is basically plug and play. However, without a valid long and lat the code will do nothing.

Ruby Otero

im really interested in using google map to make a visual representation for sales data..

is there anyone here have a referal for tutotial?i cant open other QVW file because im using Personal Ed .

Hope u could extend to us newbhie your generosity..

TIA..

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.