Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Problem with Export to Excel 2007

Hi all,

I build multiple .qvw files for multiple clients.  I have one single client who can load and work with the views perfectly, but when she tries to export to Excel (tables/charts etc) Excel opens and then nothing.  No sheet opens....no data loads...just the grey of the Excel program.

She is using the latest version of Qlikview Desktop 10, and Excel 2007.  And she is running Windows XP.

This happens with every chart in every one of her 10 or so .qvw files and not one of my other clients has ever reported this as an issue, which indicates it is not a Qlikview issue, per se.

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this?  Some sort of setting in Excel that's impeding her?  Qlikview Support asked me to take it back to my client's IT team, but I just wondered if this has been seen before.

Thanks in advance!

Rayna

5 Replies
patrickanderson
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Have you heard anything on this? Did it get resolved? I am having the same issue with my client.

Thanks

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Does this user have a similar problem when double-clicking on .xls files?

My first thought would be to repair the Office installation under Add or Remove programs in the Control Panel.

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

She did not report any similar issue with using Excel on its own. 

As for whether it got resolved, I have not heard back one way or the other.  I will touch base with her and see what happened.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

There is a known issue that shows that behavior when opening .xls files. Usually if the users minimizes and then retores Excel, the workbook will display.

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks so much!  I will pass that along to the user!