Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stylistics: "batch" paste gradient

Hi,

I am playing around with the visual aspect of an application. I have a whole bunch of little text objects on a sheet, and to make the sheet more visually appealing, I want to add some light gradient to the bg color of the text objects. The problem is that I will be changing the gradient settings A LOT, and it seems pointless to spend an hour on manually "pasting gradient" for each one of these text objects.

I tried to go the Theme route, but there is a problem: the color of each text object is pulled from the database, and applying the theme just overwrites the set analysis required to grab the correct color. Unless there is a way to just limit the Theme to the gradient settings, rather than the whole set of Background settings?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was able to solve this problem by learning how to write macros

For those of you, who run into a similar issue, the following macro loops through the active objects and changes the properties. Modify accordingly, of course.

sub SetGradient

objs = ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.GetActiveSheetObjects

for i = lBound(objs) to uBound(objs)         ' loop through all active objects

set aObj = objs(i)                       ' grab one object at a time

prop = aObj.GetProperties                ' store the original properties

prop.Layout.BkgColor.Luminosity = 75     ' set gradient to black

prop.Layout.BkgColor.Mode = 1            ' set 1-color gradient

prop.Layout.BkgColor.FillDirection = 0   ' set horizontal orientation

prop.Layout.BkgColor.FillPattern = 0     ' set light to dark pattern

aObj.SetProperties prop                  ' set the modified properties to the object

next

end sub

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I was able to solve this problem by learning how to write macros

For those of you, who run into a similar issue, the following macro loops through the active objects and changes the properties. Modify accordingly, of course.

sub SetGradient

objs = ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.GetActiveSheetObjects

for i = lBound(objs) to uBound(objs)         ' loop through all active objects

set aObj = objs(i)                       ' grab one object at a time

prop = aObj.GetProperties                ' store the original properties

prop.Layout.BkgColor.Luminosity = 75     ' set gradient to black

prop.Layout.BkgColor.Mode = 1            ' set 1-color gradient

prop.Layout.BkgColor.FillDirection = 0   ' set horizontal orientation

prop.Layout.BkgColor.FillPattern = 0     ' set light to dark pattern

aObj.SetProperties prop                  ' set the modified properties to the object

next

end sub