Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

user authentication by different directory service

Hi,

I have users available in a different directory service i.e in Open LDAP. I have created a custom login page where the user gets authenticated from this directory service. I have switched to DMS authentication mode in the qlikview server and have added manually 2 recipients in the document authorization section.

So far so good. Now I open the qlikview application url and click on login link, it redirects to my custom login page. Here I authenticate the user with my directory and then redirect to the accesspoint.aspx page with the given parameters ( these are the parameters when I authenticate the user using windows AD).

I am passing following parameters while redirecting. I know for sure that username is not getting passed so I get error message saying login failed.

http://<serverip>/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS@<servername>%7C<documentname>.qvw&client=Plugin

Wanted to know if I am missing something here. I tried passing 'username' in the above url but it fails to open the doc.

FYI Web server authentication type is Ntlm. ( The application otherwise works very well with windows AD authentication.)

Thanks,

Laxmikant

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Have I posted the query in wrong community ? Or am I not clear with the query ?. wanted to know as I haven't received any comments/response from any of the expertise out here! Which is very uncommon.