Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sokkorn
Master
Master

This QlikView document has been recovered more time than is allowed...

Hi All,

I got this popup message when I try to open QV document

This QlikView document was created by another QlikView Personal Edition user or on another computer.

As a QlikView Personal Edition user, you may only open file that you have created on this computer.

This QlikView document has been recovered more time than is allowed by your QlikView Personal Edition license.

You may continue to use Qlikview with your Personal Edition license to create and modify other files.

Any solution to open the file? How to solve this problem?

Appreciate for you help.

Regards,

Sokkorn

4 Replies
miikkaqlick
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

You need QV full version to open that file.

Another way might be that you take new computer (that has never been installed QV personal) and install QV personal there. Now you have 5 opens on that QV personal.

If you have QV personal you can open file made by somebody else or made in different computer 5 times.

Sokkorn
Master
Master
Author

Hi,

Thank for your reply. I just install a new QlikView 10 SR3 on a new PC and just open only one file then I got the popup msg. What should I do next?

Regards,

Sokkorn

miikkaqlick
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In that case in QV-file is mark that it has been opened 5 times with personal editions. There is no other way to open that file than QV full version.

BR,

Miikka

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

(I am using the free desktop edition of qv)

I've used qlikview in the past but have always found this to be a really strange restriction that prevents users from effectively evaluating the product. the only way to judge something properly is if you can really look within an experts work and sometimes reverse engineer this. plus we cannot view work shared on online courses such as udemy etc.

this restriction does not apply to power bi, and also to Tableau.

i know qv is a very popular tool with great features and a massive customer base however i have been unable to recommend this further due to this issue in both cases in my past work, we had to go with tableau and powerbi.

hope at some stage there can be a way around this..

regards