Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar graph with Month as static x axis dimension

Hi All,

In the attached sample QVW, I have created a bar chart with two dimensions (month, year) and a expression. When I select a particular month, the graph shows value for that one month. But what I want is to have a static x axis always showing months Jan to Dec weather data is present or not.

I have use 'Show all values' for month and also 'Continious' and static min/max/step (1/12/1) )values for dimension axis. But it is not working. 

Could you please help me on how this can be achieved?

Regards,

Murali

13 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Murali

Have you switched off Suppress Zero Values on the presentation tab of the chart?

Regards

Jonatha

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Jonatha,

I tried that but no luck.

Regards,

Murali

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei attach is an example

it uses Set analysis

hope its helps you

Not applicable
Author

Liron,

In your example, when I select a month it is highlighting the month values to Green but other month values are unchanged.

What I want is, when I select a month say July, it should show july values as they are and rest all months should not have any bars. This is because the selected month is July.

Regards,

Murali

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached file:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It looks like Liron and I were working on the same idea 🙂

It changes the color and I set the color of the ones that are not selected to white.

Not applicable
Author

Dennis,

Thanks for your solution.

It meets my requirement but its a work around. The issue I have over here is that I can have more than 2 years in this graph also changing this to white doesn't help as for me the graph background is a image.

Can't this be achieved using the chat properties like 'Continious', static min/max/step and 'show all vaues' ?

Regards,

Murali

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I couldn't find it in the properties.

What you could do (an other work around yes 🙂 ) not set the colour to white but set it to 100% transparent.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately for me color change (100% transparent) is not going to work.

For example when I select december in the legends area, it is showing both 2010 and 2011 where as 2011 with 'White' color. As per the data it shouldn't show any legend for 2011.