Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible Multiple Set Analysis in one Expression?

Hi All,

I have to apply conditions on 2 fields like Status(Complete or In Progress) and Year (2000 - till date, with some null values).

I need to show/display the records in Straight Table / Pivot Table which meets the condition given below

1. Status = In Progress ( here no year filter )

2. Status = Complete ( based on the year selection done by the end user )

Any function is ok like nested if or set analysis.

The other selection fields like Dept, Product, etc.. should make the impact on this table against selection.

All kind of suggestions are welcome....Thanks

Thanks

Gangadharan M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Considering you have a projectid, Year and status.

Create a straight table with dimension as projectid,status with expression as

sum({<Projectid = p({1<status = {"In Progress"}>}Projectid),Status = {"Complete"} >}1)

Let me explain how it will work.

It will give you project id where the status is in progress without considering the filter where as project id when status is complete based on selection.

Try it and let me know.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Considering you have a projectid, Year and status.

Create a straight table with dimension as projectid,status with expression as

sum({<Projectid = p({1<status = {"In Progress"}>}Projectid),Status = {"Complete"} >}1)

Let me explain how it will work.

It will give you project id where the status is in progress without considering the filter where as project id when status is complete based on selection.

Try it and let me know.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Almost correct only there is small difference in displaying records. I am checking this.

Thanks a lot for your valueable time & great idea....