15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 6:23 AM by Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce RSS

How to remove assigned CAL

Hello

I got the request from the user to remove CAL. Total there are 4 users, 1-> Named CAL assigned but the rest  3 users I am

not able to see any neither Document CAL nor Named CAL assigned to them. so how can delete CALs assigned to them?

I can see only that they have access to say 'abc.qvw' report. These 4 people left the organization.

Named CAL can be removed from QEMC-->Sysyem-->Licenses--> CAL-->Assigned CALs, from Assigned CALs

can I removed the named CAL assigned to one of the user.

Can some one help me into this ?

• How to remove assigned CAL
          Sunil Chauhan

QMEC-> User Document->Click on abc.qvw-> Document CALs->

if below this

Name Last Used (UTC) Quarantined Until (UTC) *

use is listed then click X sign at the end then refresh

do te same step for each user

then restart  ther qlikview server from Services

start->run-> services.msc-> qlikview server-> restart

But the problem is I am not able to see any Document CAL assigned to them

What I can see is : QEMC-->User-->User Management if I type the name of the user in the Document Tab I can see the name of the Document say 'abc.qvw'. and the request come to me was, removed the license.

Sunil Chauhan

go to this path document cal is not  for document Cal

on this tab it wwill show you what ever cal assign to user

If I go to the same path i.e. QEMC-->User-->User Management-->CALs, I am not able to see any CAL value(Named/Document) that's why I am wondering. Does it mean that, no CAL is assigned to these users??

Sunil Chauhan

QEMC-->User-->User Management-->CALs-> click on perticular document (abc.qvw)

if there is no cal value then it means there s no Cal assignt ot perticlar document.

Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

Hi,

Go instead to the QEMC, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, click on QlikView Server (not Publisher) and in the right part browse to "Client Access Licenses (CALs)", "Assigned CALs". You will see there how which users have licenses assigned.

Check the "History" menu as well to see when they used their licenses last.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

from QEMC-->System--> Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->Assigned CALs

click on 'X' mark, it will relaesed that license.

I can see only Named CAL trough this path, right?? I have removed user like this way.

But my Problem is I got request from user to removed license from 3 users.

From this path, QEMC-->User-->User Management-->CALs I can see that in CALs tab no license is assigned to them.

Does it mean that no license is assigned to them?

Hi,

If you clicked on the "X" sign on the Assigned CALs dialog from the System, Licenses menu, that's the way to do it right. They will be quarantined, and so they will appear now (a blue arrow will show instead of the red X). Should this page show no users, then there are no assignments at all (all licenses are available). Note that we mean Named CALs. Document CALs are set only in every document, so you need to go to the Documents tab, search for the document and remove the assignment there.

The User Management allows you to search for one particular user, and if it's configured properly, will return information on this user or users, including the licenses this user may have assigned. If you search for the three users you have removed, they will appear quarantined, or with no CALs assigned. That's ok.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Hi Miguel

Thanks for the reply..!! yes I am not able to see those users in

QEMC-->System--> Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->Assigned CALs  and

QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents, from this if I click on particular report say'abc.qvw' I am not able to see those user names.

So concluison is no license is assigned to them.

My question is if I go to QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents-->abc.qvw & in that 'Document CAL' if I didnot find there name it also means no licnese is assigned to them, right????

• Re: How to remove assigned CAL

Hi,

avantikat wrote:

Thanks for the reply..!! yes I am not able to see those users in

QEMC-->System--> Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->Assigned CALs  and

QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents, from this if I click on particular report say'abc.qvw' I am not able to see those user names.

Then the licenses have been successfully removed.

avantikat wrote:

So concluison is no license is assigned to them.

My question is if I go to QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents-->abc.qvw & in that 'Document CAL' if I didnot find there name it also means no licnese is assigned to them, right????

That's correct. That means there are no Document CALs assigned to any user to that document. Document CALs and Named CALs are different, for what it's worth.

Please check the General information on your licenses availability as I mentioned in my previous post above, to make sure all of them are available.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica