4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 10:56 AM by Onur Civelek RSS

Set Analysis

Helle Community,

I have read the tutorial to set analysis of Tom Mackay. Unfortunately I did not become really smart to solve my problem .

How can I aggregating the below table is always the sum of the 12 months in the chart?

Calculation of the values in Table 1-12 sums 20253.88 etc... see disired table.

screen.JPG

Thank you !

• Set Analysis
          Stefan Wühl

I think you could just use a sum with appropriate total qualifier:

I assume you have three dimensions in your chart like Dim1, Dim2, Dim3 (where Dim1 has values like F&C, Dim2 like Personalaufwand... and Dim3 are the Months).

Then you could use

sum(total<Dim1,Dim2> VALUEFIELD)

where VALUEFIELD is the field containing the numbers your blue and green values are based on.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

• Re: Set Analysis

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your support. I have five dimensions in my diagram. I tried your example like:

In the diagram there are five dimensions. I tried your example on the following:

sum(total< PD_OBERBEREICH, PD_KOSTENGRUPPE, PD_CAROTKONTONAME> PD_WERT )

But the values are not always correct. See Screenshot

example.JPG

Or see my qvw file

Stefan Wühl

One question:

why do you divide your sum 1-12 months by 10?

I noticed that you have several records per combination of your dimensions, sometimes 10, sometimes 5, sometimes more than 10.

Maybe try this:

sum(total< PD_OBERBEREICH, PD_KOSTENGRUPPE, PD_CAROTKONTONAME> PD_WERT ) / count(PD_WERT)

to get an average value.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

many thanks for the tip. Now it fits.

I thought at first that the number formatting deviates one decimal place.

But you have correctly identified the problem. The records are more than 5 or 10 times, therefore the correct solution is to divide by the quantity.

Thanks again