At this root folder (which your left as a blank), you need to include a simple html page to redirect it to the qview.company_name.com/qlikview page.
You can get a script for this here:
(please, also check Rob's comment about content=0)
Hope this helps,
I figured it out. Instead of changing the pre-existing QLIKVIEW alias to blank which pointed to the E:\Program Files\QlikView\Web path I just created another entry pointing to the E:\Program Files\QlikView\Web path with a blank alias. I think the index.html had a references to teh QLIKVIEW alias name so when I removed that I think that caused it to break originally. All seems to be working well now though when I go to http://qview.company_name.com.